Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Too much social networking?

Could a lot of virtuality replace even a tiny portion of reality? If there is one thing that makes me feel old, at 27, it is this feeling I get when I consider the Facebook-Orkut-Myspace generation. If technology is great, newer technology is greater. And more the merrier, too, I believe. But where the online social networking parallel universe makes the world tick for many young people today, there is something that makes it a little too impersonal to sustain meaningful human relationships, to me at least. It may just be because no amount of text , emoticons and video can match the combination of a human face, a human voice and the human touch. I might be the dinosaur in cyberspace, but I was happy to read someone else shared my views. Read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home